Schultz Realty is committed to protecting the personal information it collects from its users. Schultz Realty committed to responsibly managing personal information, using the National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (Law) as a guide.
1.1 How to contact Schultz Realty about privacy
Application means the real estate data management application developed by, or in the process of being operated by Schultz Realty
Personal Information means information collected by, or on behalf of Schultz Realty about a person, and embodied in a record kept by Schultz Realty.
Users means the users of the Website and Software Platform.
Website means http://www.schultzrealty.com.au
- Schultz’s Realty’s aim is to collect Personal Information by only lawful and fair means. The Law requires Schultz Realty to collect Personal Information about Users only from the User if it is lawful and practical to do so.
- In addition, Schultz Realty may collect Personal Information:
- Via Users inputting Personal Information into the Website and/or Software Platform; and
- If in the course of utilising the Software Platform, the User provides Schultz Realty with Personal Information, whether by entering the Personal Information directly into the Software Platform or through the collection of Personal Information from materials being stored or sent via the Software Platform.
- Schultz Realty may automatically receive and record information on its server logs from the User’s browser, including the User’s IP address and cookie information.
- For the purposes of re-marketing and storing the content of a User’s profile; and
- For improving a User’s Website and Software Platform experience.
- In all other respects a User’s Personal Information is not associated with, or linked to, information collected in cookies.
- If a User decides not to accept cookies from Schultz Realty, the User may experience a reduced User experience when visiting the Website and utilising the Software Platform.
1.5 Opting out
Users can unsubscribe to Schultz Realty’s marketing material by clicking on the functional unsubscribe facility contained in any non-direct email sent to them.
The purpose for which Schultz Realty collects Personal Information is to provide Users with the best service possible. Generally, Users have no obligation to provide any Personal Information requested by Schultz Realty. However, if Users do not provide Schultz Realty with certain types of Personal Information, they may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Website and/or Software Platform.
1.7 Use and disclosure
The Law requires Schultz Realty to take reasonable steps to protect the security of Personal Information. Schultz Realty customarily discloses Personal Information only to service providers who assist Schultz Realty in providing the services to the Users. Users’ Personal Information will not be disclosed to any other third party, unless such disclosure is:
- Necessary as part of Schultz Realty’s dealing with the Users;
- Permitted by Law;
- With the User’s consent; or
- De-identified Personal Information disclosed to third parties.
1.8 Data quality
Schultz Realty will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information Schultz Realty collects uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Schultz Realty will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information Schultz Realty holds from misuse and loss and from authorised access, modification or disclosure.
Further, Schultz Realty will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed and subject to the requirements of any data retention clause that Schultz Realty may have in its Software Platform agreements.
1.10 Access and correction
The Law allows Users to get access to, and correct, the Personal Information Schultz Realty holds about them in certain circumstances. Users can obtain such access, by contacting Schultz Realty in relation to the details set out above.
1.11 Transfer out of Australia
Schultz Realty may transfer all data on the Website and/or Software Platform (including Personal Information) to service provider(s), including Schultz Realty’s hosting service provider(s) who may or may not be located in Australia. Users hereby consent to this transfer.