What is our commitment with regards to Personal Information?
Schultz Realty is fully committed to protecting individual’s rights to the privacy of their Personal Information. Schultz Realty is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out within the Act.
Schultz Realty will ensure that all our employees and staff are fully aware of and understand the obligations as well as our own obligations under the Act. The compliance with the Act, will be ensured through the provision of training, maintaining and implementation of internal policies and procedures which will prevent any personal information from being collected, used, disclosed, retained, accessed and/or disposed of improperly.
What is Personal Information?
In general terms, Personal Information is any information that can be used to personally identify an individual. This may include names, address’s, telephone numbers, email addresses and professions and/or occupations. If the information Schultz Realty collects personally identifies an individual, or an individual can be reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
INFORMATION, COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE
Schultz Realty may at times collect, use or disclose personal information about individuals for the following purposes:
- Assisting an individual to sell their property;
- Assisting an individual to purchase a property;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services;
The types of personal information Schultz Realty may collect, use or disclose includes but is not limited to:
- Dates of birth;
- Residential addresses;
- Postal addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Home telephone numbers;
- Work telephone numbers;
- Mobile telephone numbers;
- Details of Solicitors which individuals may request to use; and
- Details of banks or brokers which individuals may request to use.
To provide products and services, Schultz Realty may, in the process of general business disclose Personal Information to persons and/or organisations, including but not limited to those described below:
- If the Personal Information relates to a seller, Schultz Realty may disclose the Information to prospective buyers interested in the property;
- If the Personal Information relates to a buyer, Schultz Realty may disclose the information to the sellers of the property the buyer is interested in purchasing or leasing;
- Legal advisor(s) representing any party(s) involved in the transaction of a property;
- Financial institution(s) and/or financial advisor(s);
- Insurance providers and/or brokers;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing Schultz Realty business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Real estate websites; and/or
- Real estate peak bodies.
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, Schultz Realty will collect Personal Information directly from the individual. Sometimes it will be necessary for Schultz Realty to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as lead generation companies, legal advisors and property managers etc.
Schultz Realty may disclose Personal Information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, Schultz Realty will take steps to protect the privacy of the information.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, Schultz Realty may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, Schultz Realty will give you reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information Schultz Realty hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
As Schultz Realty’s website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Schultz Realty also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.